We have a great deal of experience in creating a safe and enjoyable online dating environment. While we do everything technically possible to prevent unethical persons from using our site, we cannot stop everyone every time. Here are some important tips that will assist you in remaining safe online:
- Remember that anyone who is able to commit identity theft can also falsify a dating profile.
- Keep in mind that there is no substitute for acting with caution when communicating with any stranger who wants to meet you.
- Never include your last name, e-mail address, home address, phone number, place of work, or any other identifying information in your Internet profile or initial e-mail messages. Stop communicating with anyone who pressures you for personal or financial information or attempts in any way to trick you into revealing it.
- If you choose to have a face-to-face meeting with another member, always tell someone in your family or a friend where you are going, whom you are going to meet and when you will return. Never agree to be picked up at your home. Always provide your own transportation to and from your date and meet in a public place with many people around.
- If anyone asks you to send money or goods to them, do not do so and let us know immediately. If someone asks you for help online, you need to ask yourself why they are asking this of someone they have never met when they have the whole internet at their disposal. Do not let your excitement cloud your good judgment.
- Keep your communication on this site and avoid switching to your personal email account, instant messenger account, or other social media tools. One of the great benefits of paid membership on our site is the ability to remain completely anonymous until you are completely comfortable.
- Never give another person your password for any reason. Our representatives will never ask for your password, and giving it to another member opens up potential for identity theft.